Some people have this misconception that home theatre installations are very easy to do and something possible through DIY. Ideally, it is recommended to seek the services of an experienced installation team for this job, but there are no hard and fast rules that this thing cannot be done through DIY. It can be done easily through DIY and with the tips discussed in this post, it could easily become a cakewalk.
Plan Your Installation
- Sellers and suppliers of projector screens believe that a kittle planning before starting the installation process could save a lot of money and hassles.
- This might sound a very simple thing, but it’s a fact that rushing towards home theatre installations is not going to do anything good for you.
- You need to make sure that you have everything you need in place before beginning. You may not feel it, but this arrangement can help you save a lot of time.
- The next step you need to take is assessing all your wiring related needs and make sure that those missing are arranged before the installation process.
- However, amidst this, one thing that you need to be very particular about is that no sort of compromise is done with the quality of the accessories that you are purchasing.
- Make sure that the wires you order are long enough and there would be nothing better than measuring the distances between your components and then add a foot extra.
- The reason is that it is always better to have an extra margin rather than experiencing shortage of wires in the installation process.
- One more thing that you need to be assured about is the adequate power supply and for this, don’t hesitate from using surge-protected power strips.
- Using good quality UPS (battery back-up) to prevent sudden shut-off of your components is also not a bad idea at all.
Audio video installation and Home Theatre Installation Tips – A Few Helpful Tools
- Corded Power Drill
- Cordless Power Drill
- Stud Finder
- Fish Tape
- Spade/Paddle Drill Bits
- Masonry Drill Bit
- Assorted Screwdrivers
- Electrical Tape